Cisco Catalyst 4500E Series Supervisor Engine, 560 Gbps – For Data Networking, Optical NetworkOptical FiberGigabit Ethernet, 10 Gigabit Ethernet – 10GBase-X, 1000Base-X – 4 x Expansion Slots – SFP, SFP+
Cisco leadership in borderless networks is extended with important features: Cisco TrustSec®, Cisco MultiGig, Flexible NetFlow, Cisco EnergyWise®, Cisco UPoE, and many other feature enhancements offered by the Cisco Catalyst 4500E Supervisor Engine 8L-E. Backward and forward compatibility with most existing Cisco Catalyst 4500E line cards and power supplies helps assure deeper customer satisfaction with an industry-leading investment protection architecture. The Cisco Catalyst Supervisor Engine 8L-E is supported in Cisco Catalyst 4500 E-Series chassis.
The Supervisor Engine 8L-E offers important innovations, including:
- 560 Gbps total capacity with 4x SFP/SFP+ uplinks and a Quad Core, 1.8Ghz CPU
- Cisco Universal Power over Ethernet (UPOE) for unprecedented convergence to IP network infrastructure
- Campus ready for connectivity to next-generation NBASE-T™ compatible endpoints such as 802.11ac Wave2 multigigabit access points, multigigabit switches, network interface cards (NICs), and adapters
- Application visibility through Flexible NetFlow.
- Virtual Switching System (VSS) for operational simplicity and resiliency
- Cisco IOS® XE Software, which provides the ability to host third-party applications
- Energy efficiency with support for 802.3az Energy-Efficient Ethernet (EEE)-capable line cards
- Industry-leading resiliency through In-Service Software Upgrade (ISSU)
- First and only modular switch with 8 bidirectional line-rate Switched Port Analyzer/Remote SPAN (SPAN/RSPAN) sessions